24 October 2010

Taylor Swift Opens Up About Marriage And Kids

taylor swift

Taylor Swift is pretty much an open book on her new album, Speak Now, which drops Monday. And in a new Us Weekly bookazine dedicated to the singer, which hits shelves Friday, she opens up about some major milestones she’s looking forward to down the line.

When asked if she feels pressure to get married, Swift said, “Not really. Not as far as anything in the immediate or general future. I’m not opposed to it. I just don’t think about it! [Laughs.] I don’t focus on pining away for love, because I’m focused on being happy with what’s happening right now.”

Having said that, Swift said she’s happy for pals such as Katy Perry, Kellie Pickler and Carrie Underwood, who have recently married or will be getting married soon. “There’s definitely wedding fever right now!” she said. “I think it’s wonderful if you know you’ve found the one.”

As for kids, Swift admits that she doesn’t want them until she has the time to raise them. “Oh, well, kids, yes! Later in life, definitely. I’d love to get to a place where I could do what my mom did,” she said. “But let’s say I’m 30 and still touring: I wouldn’t want to have a family, because I couldn’t balance it. But I really have no idea about the future. It’s so unexpected. Trust me!”

Right now, Swift is just concentrating on her new house and new album, which focuses a lot on her love life. “I just write from my perspective about how it ended up and what I felt about it. And I think it’s because, for me, I need everything to feel justified: everything I do, every person I meet,” she explained. “And every person I’ve fallen for, they’ve all been a song. Songs I’m proud of. That kind of justifies them being in my life.”
Categories:

0 buzzers:

Post a Comment